Food Idea's for babies ; Mila's Meal
Gourmand 'Best In The World' Award; Next Generation Indie Book Award (Finalist); Gourmand World Cookbook Award (National Winner); London Book Festival Award (Runner Up).
Mila's Meals: The Beginning & The Basics is an award-winning 500-page collection of over 100 gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free wholefood recipes and food ideas for baby's first years (and the rest of the family too).
Part cookbook, part nutrition encyclopedia, part journal of the author's journey into motherhood, Mila's Meals is a call to action for every parent to be conscious of what they are feeding their little ones,providing a guideline on how to achieve this as effectively, effortlessly and joyfully as possible.
Having healed herself from various autoimmune conditions through diet and organic, holistic living and having to raise a child with food intolerances, Catherine set to work educating herself and getting creative in the kitchen. Now an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, her passion to empower parents to make informed decisions with regards to how they nourish their children (and themselves) is captivated in this honest, soulful, wholesome book.
If you are a new Mama or know anyone who is; if your child has food allergies or intolerance's; if you plan to raise your children on a 'free from' diet or if you would simply like to nutritionally educate yourself then this is the book for you.
Color photos for every recipe and a wealth of information including:
* The truth behind common infant food fallacies
* The why, what and how to begin your little one's life-long relationship with food.
* An expose of what is really in that convenient, ready-made food and the affect it has on your child physically, mentally and emotionally.
* The importance and maintenance of gut health.
* Why not gluten, dairy and sugar.
* Essential nutrients, the role they play, and where to find them.
* A detailed glossary for every ingredient used in the book.
* Over 100 (mostly) uncomplicated recipes made with easy-to-find ingredients.
* A re-introduction of essential traditional foods & food preparation techniques (like sauerkraut, slow-cooked bone broths as well as how and why to soak grains).
* 'Do-able' meals for working parents - all the food can be made in bulk and frozen.